It’s a known fact that the checkout page is one of the most important pages in an eCommerce website. The conversion rate of your store is highly dependent on how well you have optimized your checkout page and the whole checkout process. If your checkout process is too complicated, time-consuming, and lengthy, then the chances are high that the customers will leave the purchase in-between and will abandon the shopping cart.
In order to get more successful orders and a high conversion rate, you need to pay close attention to your whole checkout process and take the necessary steps to optimize it. In this article, we will be discussing the top 7 crucial tips to optimize the checkout process of your online store and make it faster and smoother.
Top Tips to Optimize the Checkout Process:
1. Provide Guest Checkout option: Nowadays, not all users like to create a new account every time they purchase a product from a new eCommerce website. When the websites force the users to create new accounts then they leave the checkout without completing their orders.
By offering them the Guest Checkout option, you can let them place their orders as guest customers and without creating a new separate account on your website.
2. Offer Social Login: Social Login has gained huge popularity over time as it is easier and faster in comparison to registration on the website. Allow your users to log in to your website using social login options like Google, Facebook, and Twitter login. This way, the users can easily sign-in to your website and you will receive fewer failed logins.
3. Use Google Auto-Address Fill: Making customers’ efforts lesser is the key to enhance their experience and increase the customer retention rate on your online store. By offering Google Auto-address fill feature, you can make the checkout process easier and faster for the users.
They can simply select the right address from the suggestions and fill the address field without typing it manually.
4. Use Inline Validation to Show Errors: There are various fields on the checkout page that are mandatory to fill from the users’ end. In order to make it easy, you can offer an ‘Inline Validation’ feature that will display an error every time a customer tries to place his order without filling a mandatory checkout field. It will remind the user to fill the compulsory field.
5. Display Checkout Progress: By making the navigation easier for the customers, you can allow them to check how many fields and steps they have left to complete their orders. You can display a checkout progress bar on your checkout page to show the overall progress of the checkout process.
6. Show Applicable Offers and Coupon Codes: Optimizing the checkout process also includes customer delighted. It often happens that online shoppers purchase the products without applying an active coupon code. You can display the current and applicable offers and coupon codes on the checkout page to remind the customers to use them so that they can get a discount on the products they are purchase.
It will provide them a better shopping experience and will increase the customer retention rate for your business.
7. Offer Multiple Payment Methods: Displaying just debit and credit cards as payment options may not be enough for the users now. Try to display several payment options including cash in delivery to provide the customers with a variety of options to choose from. The users will also feel confident and secure to make the payment by choosing a suitable payment option.
You can also consider One Page Checkout for your online store to make the checkout process faster and easier. The One Page Checkout module is available for PrestaShop, OpenCart, and Magento platforms.
You May Also Like: